Friday, September 11, 2020

Who to Trust

     Today, we hear stories all over about these uncertain times. Who can we trust? What can we trust? What’s fact and what’s fiction? All of these questions race through my mind when it comes to getting information about what is going on in the world. 

    Honestly when it comes to fact or fiction, I turn to my aunt for information. My aunt is Medical Director for Hospital Medicine at the University of Louisville’s hospital. In other words, she oversees the non-ICU COVID-19 isolation unit at Jewish Hospital. With her personal experience, when I need to distinguish between fact and fiction, she’s my go to. 

    The news today is very political, making this more dangerous than the pandemic itself. They turn what is actually destroying people into something that is destroying society’s civility. This takes affect on many people, including my own family. Due to political beliefs, it makes it difficult to discuss current events, as a dispute is present every time. This pandemic appears to be tearing families apart in more ways than one. Personally, I am not super involved in politics, but attached is an article that I feel does a fantastic job describing the political divide.

https://www.thinkglobalhealth.org/article/politics-may-kill-us-not-coronavirus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Covid vaccines and global cooperation

 Obviously, when a vaccine is successful, and ready to be put to use, it must be globalized. However, with uncertainty still in the air, the...